Whats connected overview
WhatsConnected is a cost-effective Layer 2/3 discovery, mapping, inventory, and IT asset reporting solution. Use WhatsConnected to automatically discover, map, inventory and document your network (devices, servers, workstations, virtual resources, hardware, and software assets) and port-to-port connectivity in just minutes.
Using its powerful auto-discovery and dynamic mapping capabilities and simple one-click integration with Visio™, your team will always have crucial information at its fingertips.
With WhatsConnected, you can easily document your network, topology maps and network diagrams, ensure complete accuracy, and give your operations teams the power to immediately visualize how everything is connected.
New in WhatsConnected v3.1!
- Receive email alerts on missing or added devices and network topology changes, you’ll know immediately when your network changes.
- Exporting of your network maps to .PDF format, a view that cannot be altered by the reader and is great for distribution to your team.
- Ability to scan for and display port duplex settings to determine if ports are configured correctly. Now you can easily refer back to this information when troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Ability to keep older versions of the Discovery file for historical purposes, and you can also specify how many older versions to keep.
WhatsConnected and WhatsUp Gold
WhatsUp Gold is a complete IT management solution with Layer 2/3 discovery and mapping and IT asset reporting capabilities fully integrated into its web-based workspace.
WhatsConnected is a standalone Layer 2/3 discovery and mapping and IT asset reporting solution. WhatsConnected’s topology maps and inventory data can be exported to WhatsUp Gold.
To learn more about the differences in WhatsConnected’s and WhatsUp Gold’s discovery and mapping capabilities and how the solutions can complement one another, checkout our FAQ page.
How Can WhatsConnected Help Your IT Team or Organization?
- Save time. Spend time effectively managing the network instead of wasting it on manually documenting network topology and devices
- Know what’s on your network. Know what devices are on your network, where they are located, what they are connected to, and how they are affected by changes and failures
- Stay ahead of network changes. With up-to-date status information, you’ll know exactly when changes have occurred on your network
- Minimize downtime. Find issues fast to minimize downtime. Know exactly how your network topology and infrastructure should be configured to minimize potential conflicts and optimize performance
- Manage assets and inventory. Gather, filter, and export all your inventory and configuration information, as required for compliance and network audit process
- Simplify management. With a single, integrated view of their physical and virtual infrastructure. WhatsConnected also easily integrates with existing business process via Visio mapping and a CSV inventory/configuration export
- Accurate reporting. Get quick access to accurate network and server inventory information and network diagrams for audit and compliance-centric initiatives (e.g. PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, FISMA and others)
- Find hidden or unused IT assets. Work around IT budget cutbacks by maximizing their hidden or unused IT assets