Enable SSH on ESXi Hosts
For remote troubleshooting and remediation, you should enable SSH on ESXi hosts. We can do it from the Host itself or using VMware vSphere Client.
In our article, we are going to use VMware vSphere Client to enable SSH.
- Login to your host using VMware vSphere Client.
- Select your host and then click Configuration.
- From Software section, select Security Profile.
- In Services section, click Properties.
- In Services Properties window, select SSH and then click Options.
- In SSH Options dialog box, select the Startup Policy and then click Start.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.