Add 3rd Party application in the device’s context menu
We can modify the context menu by adding or removing. Context menus are custom menu items that appear when you right-click a device.
Ex.: We are going to add PuTTY but you should make sure that you have placed the application on WUG Server.
- Open WhatsUp Console.
- From Configure drop down menu, select Device Types.
- In Device Types, select the required device type you need to modify and then click Edit.
- In Edit Device Type, click on Menu Items and then click Add.
- In Add Menu Item, enter the menu item details as:
- Display Name – The name of the custom menu item. PuTTY
- Enter the full path to the command that you want executed when the menu item is selected. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\putty.exe
- Anything added to the argument box is appended to the command as it is executed. %Device.Address
- Click OK to close the configuration window.