Advanced Capabilities for VMware Virtual Server Monitoring
WhatsVirtual allows you to discover, map, monitor and manage your VMware virtual server environment exactly in the same way and from the same Web console as your physical server infrastructure, applications and network devices.
- Fully integrates into Standard, Premium, and Distributed versions of WhatsUp Gold
- Natively integrates with the VMware API (based on the VMware vSphere Web Services SDK) to manage VMware ESXi v3.5 to v5.0.
- Oversees health, availability and performance of VMware vCenter Servers and monitors performance and resource consumption of VMware ESX hosts and guests
- VMware vCenter, vMotion and high availability support
- Automated discovery and mapping of all virtual assets: clusters, hosts and guests using VIM
- Displays virtual server performance seamlessly along with information from your physical servers
- Tracks live virtual machines migrations in real-time, and understand virtual to physical relations at all times with dynamic LiveMaps
- Automatically groups and maps ESXi hosts and all associated virtual machines for easy visualization of relationships
- Supports Alert Center workflows and threshold configuration capabilities for rapid problem identification and resolution anywhere in your infrastructure
- Virtual Host List report details the name and IP address of the VMware ESXi host machine and all associated virtual machines.
- Virtual Host Attributes report displays all the host server details including running configuration of the server (for example, VMware ESXi and its version), the build number and boot time
- Extends individual server performance reporting including CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Interface utilization metrics to virtual machines
- New dashboard reports by resource shows resource (e.g. CPU, Memory, Disk, Network Interface) allocation and consumption by the host and associated guest machines
WhatsVirtual Management Actions
- Supports new VMware actions for multiple management tasks including –
- Power On
- Power Off
- Shutdown Guest
- Reset Guest
- Take Snapshot (back up of virtual machine image)
- WhatsUp Gold Action library elements support automated and scheduled execution of VMware management tasks
- All data collected by WhatsVirtual uses FIPS 140-2 compliant algorithms for data integrity and privacy.
- WhatsVirtual is backed by the WhatsUp Gold technical support team (via phone or email)